I grew up eating peanut butter and jam on saltine crackers and to this day it’s the only thing that makes me feel better whenever I get sick.
I came up with this recipe which is super easy and only requires 2 ingredients. While it’s not as crispy as a saltine- it’s nice substitute that will not spike your blood sugar.
100 grams almond flour ( 1 cup)
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- Mix the egg white and the almond flour to form a soft dough.
- Roll the dough out evenly between 2 sheets of baking paper using a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into even sized crackers of rectangular shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I like to make 10 large crackers. But I have also tried to roll the dough out thinner to make 20 smaller crackers.